Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Technology, Teaching, and Sickness


This is the view from my room at WCIU in Pasadena. This is all I've seen for the past few days! As I write this I pray that you will eventually read it, as my apparent lack of technical savvy has prevented me from posting anything for the past few days. I would type a good 7 or 8 paragraphs, go to post it, and all of a sudden all of my writing was gone. sigh...I remember the good old days when I used to know how to work the 486...

Training is well under way, and I've been able to surmount all feelings of fear and inadequacy. The only trick now is learning to lesson plan quickly, effectively, and so my students won't fall asleep! Honestly, there's much more to it, but I feel I can handle it better now, and all with the Lord's help (He's the reason I'm here anyway, right?).

The past few days have been interesting though. Last Thursday I came down with a sniffly nose which eventually grew into a full-fledged upper-respiratory infection. (Okay class, repeat after me: "PHLEGM"). It got bad enough that I needed to go to the doctor, which I did (in downtown LA, whoo hoo). My doctors were two USC Medical Students and it was...achem...different. It felt like the Spanish Inquisition. "WHY does your throat hurt?" "What caused you to get sick?" Aren't they the doctors? Oh well. I was quickly prescribed some antibiotics, and sent on my way. Despite the gestapo performance by the doctors, I am feeling much better. I've been in bed for about two days straight and am getting a little antsy, but am realizing the benefit of getting better rather than trying to jump back into it before I'm healed. Elanor has been coming to see me on a regular basis, which I have greatly appreciated. I love her so much! The coming year will be hard, being away from her for so long, but I will hopefully be able to see her a few times a week.

I'm currently working on getting some pictures online for all who are interested, so once I figure out a) how to do that and b) the most effective way to show them to you, you will see some pics of California.

Well, that's all for now, I need to get up and stretch my achin' bones! Dobrý večer!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Recent Posts

Powered by Blogger