Monday, September 04, 2006

The First Day of School...sort of

Today was the official first day of school, which lasted a total of about 40 minutes. The entire school gathered right outside my window (in the playground behind our flat/the school) and got their schedules. Then the headmaster, André, introduced the new teachers (including me), and then I got to give a little speech to the entire school. Tons of fun! After that I changed out of my teacher clothes and into some shorts (it was actually warm today... a nice change!) and then I went with Zach, Kamil, and Lutska to Prague to get Zach's dog, Benji. It was quite a trip. When we got there and found Benji (whom zach is contemplating calling John), we realized that he might be a bit more than we bargained for. He's a beautiful dog, a beagle, just a little hyperactive and unresponsive to human interaction. But I'm sure that will change over the next few weeks (I hope!).

Right now I'm lesson planning and getting ready for my first class tomorrow, so pray for me! I know that God will be with me and watch over me as I begin to mold the young minds of Kralupy. Blessings, na schledanou!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Recent Posts

Powered by Blogger