Monday, September 11, 2006

I'm getting better...




Well, I survived my first (long) week of school and now I'm starting week 2. I think I'm in a better place than I was even yesterday...just very culture shocked, tired, fearful, and frustrated. This morning I taught three wonderful ladies at English services and that helped me to relax. I CAN do this! I think the key to all of it is to retain a constant posture of learning, even when I'm the teacher. Humility goes a LONG way in this profession!

This past weekend I headed to Praha once again for many purposes. The main reason was to help Aaron (our country director) and his family get packed up so they could move to Ostrava. They made it safely, and the rest of the weekend I enjoyed Elanor's company. Also, on Sunday I ran the Prague Grand Prix 10K with a time of 56:08...decent for no training! Running (especially marathons) is funny to me...it doesn't do your body any good per se, but people will pay 60 euros every year to punish thier bodies. I don't understand it at all. The reason I do it is because it is a strong hook in my mind of how life is...Running and everyday life are very similar: Some parts are hard, some parts are easy, but any forward movement is good. Slow and steady wins the race...all that. It also is a great way to stay in shape. Today my legs are really sore, but the pain just reminds me of what I was able to accomplish. hmm...there might be something deeper in that!

After the race Elanor was wonderful and gave me a haircut! She was a bit nervous, but I had full confidence in her hair-cutting abilities...and it came out great! So now she has a way to make a little extra money on the side!

God continues to give me grace and joy in this whole process, even when I don't deserve it. Pray for my planning abilities to increase and for the ability to relax and not be so apprehensive!

Last night as I was on the train back to Kralupy I looked out the window and the sky was a wonderul red, white and blue. Just like their flag. Creation is amazing, and God continues to amaze. Be strong in the Lord! Peace!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Recent Posts

Powered by Blogger